6/8/11

Summer on a budget!

Our summer is in full swing here in Southeast Texas. It's been close to 100 degrees the last several days! We are already settling into our new routine. We visited the local library today for storytime (our first time, too!). The kids seemed to enjoy it, as well as the unexpected craft project that followed. I was very proud of how quietly they sat through it all. I also signed the kids up for the summer reading program (where they'll be able to score some freebies for every 20 books they read). After checking out several books, I managed to FINALLY remember to check the back of the library for the coupon section, and sure enough... IT DOES EXIST! Now I know where to drop off all the ones I won't be using (as well as peruse through the stacks!). I was really surprised how many there were. Needless to say, we will return again tomorrow for another craft day they've scheduled. And I will certainly come prepared with coupons in hand! (Find a list of local libraries in YOUR area at http://www.publiclibraries.com/).

No comments:

Post a Comment