3/14/15

We're back!

Wow, I can't believe it's been 3 years since I posted! I went back to work full time in 2013, so I've been busy! I was trying to juggle too much at once: Gir Scout troop leader, full time job, and Box Tops Coordinator (& 1st grade AR prize wagon) for our school's PTO. That's a lot! I've learned my lesson, though. I'm slowly cutting back so I'll have more time for my kids, my garden & my animals. We still have chickens (& a beautiful new rooster named Leroy),
plus 4 cats (& a tomcat that hangs around), and 2 goldfish (& an ant farm, but that doesn't really count, does it?). We are taking on a NEW animal today! We are about to throw together a pen & go pick up our first goat! She's a year old & her owner is downsizing. Her name is Freckles & she's so cute.
 We'll be adding another female to the mix once she's weaned (about 2 months from now). I've decided to put her in the garden we don't use, since it's completely grown over with weeds (I figure the goat will clear it in no time!). I'm including a pic of what the garden looks like now so I can compare it later.
I'll post pics of what the pen looks like when we're finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment